Saturday, October 2, 2010

Long Time No Post

>> Sorry about the delay. In Africa, things are difficult. Ill be brief because I can be back online next Saturday. Teaching is going wonderfully so far, and Ive really settled into my village. Foday was transferred to the village of Makago so we do not see each other as much as we did. I went through a bad bout of ..something.. but with the help of Cipro (a great antibiotic) I got over it. I have never felt so helpless as I did in my latrine at 2 in the morning unable to defecate normally. Sigh. Besides that, everything is wonderful. I am looking forward to my party on October 30th at my house and contemplating that I have now spent four months in Sierra Leone. Amazing. A better blog post next time, I promise...

4 comments:

  1. Wow. Way to make it sound so nonchalant yet so frightening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was still a delight in its own right (sorry for the stupid rhyme). Glad to hear the first four months have gone by successfully (when you shat eventually, right?), and look forward to the next post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear you're still OK. Elise and I will be married in less than a week and we have a picture of you and us in our photo slideshow :-). You're there in spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I was there. You have no idea. Yes, the diarrhea passed. HA. but it was inconvenient and terrifying for a little while. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete