Sunday, February 13, 2011

Dancing

>> Thank you, Capital Radio. This past week, on a grumbly Wednesday morning, I got up early, turned on Capital Radio, and sat outside with a cup of the morning palm wine. (The morning palm wine is sweeter while the evening palm wine is bitter). DD (Douglas Davis) plays a song I requested, ("It Feels So Good" by Sonique), and then a random dance track I didn't know. He then played a second song I requested, ("We No Speak Americano"). There have been moments when I've been so frustrated with students or with language that I've wanted to pack it up and give up. BUT. The moments like this? When I'm dancing around my porch in my boxers with a cup of palm wine and I don't really care who sees me (since they would be making comments regardless of my dancing skills)? They make it worth it. I love and miss you all.. :)

1 comment:

  1. It's good to hear you are enjoying the small things in life. I am also intrigued by the this palm wine you speak of. You should bring some back to the states.

    ReplyDelete