Saturday, April 9, 2011

Thiefy McThief

>> So, I got thiefed. Someone came into my house and stole 100,000Le, ($25), and we still don't know who the thief is. While I should be more upset than I am, I truly appreciated the immediate and overwhelming response from my village in the form of outrage, disappointment, and support. My neighbors Lucy and Isatu both brought over food for me and expressed their sympathy, and many people in the village used words like 'disgraceful' and 'shame' to describe the occurrence. At this writing, my Paramount Chief is getting involved, and the person, (if found), will likely face a very serious punishment. I love and miss you all :)

1 comment:

  1. That stinks. Maybe Fumo got blown over by the jetstream and took it?

    What is the punishment for theft?

    ReplyDelete