- Pencil is used for drawing pictures. Pen is not to be used for drawings.
- Blue Pen is for writing notes.
- Red Pen is for titles and subtitles in notes.
- 50% is a passing grade. I have often given a student a 52% with a disapproving glare but found a student pleased with their mark.
- When someone departs, they say, "I'm coming." This is either a twist of "I'm coming back" or a misunderstanding of "I'm going," but whenever I leave now, I say, "Okay, I get fo go. I de come" or "I have to go. I'm coming." which means, see you later.
- My principal's brother is one of my students. I thought that he was his son. But he's his brother. He's 30 years old. My princial is in his late 50's. Imagine my surprise.
- My best friend Foday coined this phrase, "I'm with you." which means that whatever you want, whatever you need, I'm on your side, I'm with you. He has been amazing in this regard- when I am upset or happy or frustrated or giddy, the phrase "I'm with you" comes up and makes me realize that no matter how lonely I may get, I'm never alone :)
- Ghosts and witches are prevalent in my village. The ghost, Boxa Boxa, has been known to knock over condiments, spoons, and move things around in houses.. (I think it might be the mice I've seen, but I won't mention that..)
- I love and miss you all. :)
Thursday, April 7, 2011
>> Here are some interesting quirks of Sierra Leone..